Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Lemon-Raspberry Souffle Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 182-183)
Gluten-Free Lemon-Raspberry Souffle: A light and fluffy lemon soufflé. The tartness of red raspberries will stimulate your palate in a wonderful way.
Lemon-Raspberry Souffle — in case you are not a fan of chocolate, this recipe is a refreshing alternative to our Gluten-Free Chocolate Soufflé recipe .
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¼ Cup Butter 1¼ Cups Sugar (reserve ¼ Cup for Egg Whites step) 3 Egg Yolks ¾ Cup Milk ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¾ Cup White Rice Flour 1 Lemon (for Zest and ¼ Cup Juice) 1¼ Cups Frozen Red Raspberries 5 Egg Whites ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Combine butter and one cup of sugar in mixer and cream together.
- Add egg yolks; mix.
- Add milk, heavy whipping cream and flours (glutinous and white rice); mix.
- Add fresh lemon juice and zest; mix.
- Fold raspberries into mixture only enough to disperse throughout batter.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high for one minute (or until soft peaks start to form). Add ¼ cup sugar and mix on high for an additional minute (until stiff peaks start to form).
- Fold egg whites into batter, taking care not to over mix.
- Fill greased 1-cup custard cups ¾ full with batter. Place custard cups in baking pan (a standard 2" deep cake pan works well). Add enough warm water to the baking pan so that water level is half way up sides of custard cups.
- Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes or until soufflé is set. Carefully remove pan from oven (preventing water from overrunning cups), then remove soufflé cups from the water-filled pan. Empty water from pan, and place cups back into (now empty) pan.
- Apply a light sprinkling of sugar on top of each custard cup (approximately ½ teaspoon sugar per custard cup).
- Place custard cups back in the oven on broil until sugar has caramelized (approximately 2-3 minutes — will turn light brown in color).