Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Souffle Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 180-181)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Souffle: If you love chocolate, this triple chocolate soufflé is sure to deliver unrestrained gratification — especially when served slightly warm.
Chocolate Souffle is a popular dessert that is bound to make a great impression.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
2 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate ¾ Cup Milk ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream ½ Cup Cocoa 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1¼ Cups Sugar (1 Cup for chocolate mixture; ¼ Cup for egg whites) ¼ Cup (4 Tablespoons) Butter 3 Egg Yolks 2 Tablespoons Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Chocolate Chips 5 Egg Whites ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Place unsweetened chocolate in bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add milk and heavy cream, microwave for an additional 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cocoa and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Mix well. Set aside and allow to cool to near room temperature.
- Combine butter and one cup of sugar in mixer and cream together. Add egg yolks, glutinous rice flour and chocolate chips; mix. Add cooled chocolate mixture; mix well (will look similar to brownie batter).
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high for one minute (or until soft peaks begin to form) using whisk attachment. Add ¼ cup sugar and mix on high for an additional minute (or until stiff peaks begin to form).
- Gently fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Place in greased 2-quart oven-safe glass (Pyrex) dish. In a larger oven-safe dish, add hot water. Place the soufflé dish into the water making sure the water does not rise over the edge of the dish (it only needs to go between ½ and ¾ up sides of soufflé dish).
- Bake at 325°F for 60 minutes or until soufflé is set — the picture below should approximate the appearance of your soufflé once baked.
- Invert soufflé onto serving dish. Use large spoon to distribute individual servings to cups or bowls.