Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Orange Macadamia Biscotti Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 160-161)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Orange Macadamia Biscotti: Hearty chocolate biscotti featuring the flavors of orange and macadamia nuts.
Chocolate Orange Macadamia Biscotti — simply put: awesome!
If you like biscotti, be sure to also try our fabulous gluten-free almond biscotti recipe too!
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Orange (for zest and inside sections per directions — about ½ Cup total) ½ Tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules 1 Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Buckwheat Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour 1 Tablespoon Amaranth Flour ½ Cup Cocoa 1 Cup Sugar ¼ Teaspoon Salt 2 Eggs 1 Tablespoon Vanilla 1 Tablespoon Almond Paste ½ Tablespoon Honey 1¼ Teaspoons Baking Powder 1¼ Cups Almond Meal ¼ Cup Medium Shredded Coconut 1½ Cups Chopped Macadamia Nuts
Consider dipping biscotti in chocolate and sprinkling additional chopped macadamia nuts over melted chocolate (as pictured).
If biscotti start to lose their crispness once stored, just place in oven at 200°F for 20 minutes to restore crispness.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the orange. Wash it off and dry it, then harvest zest from outer layer of peel and place it in mixer. Next, remove remaining peel from the orange and any seeds; place orange sections in mixer.
- Add instant coffee, flours, cocoa, sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, almond paste, honey, and baking powder to orange already in the mixer; mix well.
- Add almond meal, shredded coconut, and chopped macadamia nuts; mix well on low speed until ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Place the biscotti dough in a greased 6x10" Pyrex pan (or equivalent). Dough will be approximately 1½" deep in pan.
- Bake biscotti dough for 30 minutes.
- Remove biscotti dough from oven, and with a knife (leaving dough in pan), carefully cut diagonal bars of approximately 1-1½" inch in width.
- Place back in 375°F oven for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer individual biscotti, standing upright, onto a greased baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Place sheet containing biscotti into the oven and bake for another 65-75 minutes.
- Allow to cool before eating or storing.