Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Almond Biscotti Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 122-123)
Gluten-Free Almond Biscotti: A traditional italian slab cookie created in the twice-cooked manner, these almond biscotti are as good as any, and are perfect with tea or coffee.
Almond Biscotti with a hearty crunch!
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Buckwheat Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour 1 Tablespoon Amaranth Flour 1 Cup Sugar ¼ Teaspoon Salt 2 Eggs 1 Tablespoon Vanilla 1 Tablespoon Almond Paste ½ Tablespoon Honey 1¼ Teaspoons Baking Powder ½ Cup Almond Meal ½ Cup Medium Shredded Coconut 1 Cup Sliced Almonds
Consider dipping biscotti in chocolate. Or, add a bit of anise to the recipe (for an even more traditional Italian flavor).
If biscotti start to lose their crispness, just place in oven at 200°F for 20 minutes to restore crispness.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In mixer, combine flours, sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, almond paste, and honey and mix well.
- Add baking powder; mix well.
- Add almond meal and shredded coconut; mix well.
- Add sliced almonds and mix again on low speed just until almonds are distributed throughout the dough (don’t over mix or the sliced almonds will likely break into little pieces).
- Place the biscotti dough in a greased 6x10" Pyrex pan (or equivalent). Dough will be approximately 1½" deep in pan.
- Bake biscotti dough for 25 minutes.
- Remove biscotti dough from oven, and (leaving dough in pan) with a knife, carefully cut diagonal bars of approximately one inch in width.
- Place biscotti back into the oven and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Upon removing the biscotti, use a knife to re-cut biscotti pieces (this will ensure that they will easily come apart from one another).
- Transfer individual biscotti onto a greased baking sheet so that they are standing upright.
- Bake biscotti for another 17 minutes.
- Allow to cool before eating or storing.