Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Lemon Cookies plus Variations Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 140-141)
Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies plus Variations: A citrus cookie recipe that is easily extended to create some simple and flavorful variations, including cranberry and nut accented cookies.
Another Lemon Cookie to consider. This recipe produces cookies of a different shape, flavor, and texture than our awesome Italian lemon cookies recipe.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¾ Cup Sugar ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 3 Ounces Cream Cheese 2 Lemons (for Zest and ¼ Cup Juice) 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder 1½ Cups White Rice Flour ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour
- Cream together the sugar, powdered sugar, butter and cream cheese.
- Add lemon zest, baking powder, white rice and glutinous rice flour (i.e., "sweet rice" flour); mix.
- Add lemon juice; mix until consistency of cookie dough.
- Use a small spoon and drop one inch mounds of dough onto greased standard cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Cookies will brown slightly around the edge when done.