Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Bittersweet Chocolate Torte Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 66-67)
Gluten-Free Bittersweet Chocolate Torte: Wonderful when accented with just a bit of whipped cream and a few fresh or frozen raspberries, this bittersweet chocolate torte is quite memorable.
Bittersweet Chocolate Torte — a perfect finish to any lunch or dinner.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
8 Ounces Dark Chocolate ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Eggs, separated 1 Tablespoon Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave safe 2 quart bowl. Heat in a microwave just long enough to permit chocolate and butter to be completely mixed to smooth consistency.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks into the chocolate mixture, and the egg whites into a separate bowl (an electric mixer’s bowl ideally). Add flour to chocolate mixture; whisk by hand until smooth.
- In the mixer, add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat on high speed until whites are foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, until whites hold stiff peaks.
- Add about a fourth of the beaten egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir in completely. Add remaining egg whites and gently fold into chocolate mixture until completely and evenly mixed in. Use spatula to scrape mixture into an 8" springform pan and spread evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes — it will rise slightly and center will barely jiggle when pan is shaken lightly.
- Cool one hour in pan (torte shrinks slightly).
- Slide a knife around edge of torte, remove from pan and cut pieces.
- As pictured, place a bit of whipped cream onto each serving and garnish with fresh or frozen raspberries.