Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 56-57)
Gluten-Free Strawberry Cream Cake: Reminiscent of a cassata cake, this light yellow cake features whipped cream frosting and a layer of strawberries and almond cream filling.
Strawberry Cream Cake
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
2 Eggs ¾ Cup Sugar ¼ Cup (½ Stick) Butter 1 Cup Sour Cream 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1½ Teaspoons Almond Extract 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda ½ Cup Cornstarch ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour 1 Cup White Rice Four
1 Cup Milk 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract ¾ Cup (1½ Sticks) Butter 1 Cup Powdered Sugar 16 Ounces Thawed Frozen Strawberries, Sliced (reserved)
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- With mixer on medium/high, mix the eggs and sugar until the batter takes on a fluffy lemon yellow appearance (about 2 minutes).
- Add butter; mix. Add sour cream; mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix slowly until even consistency. Mix on high for one minute.
- Place cake batter in 8" spring-form pan that has been lined with parchment paper and greased. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in pan. Create filling.
- Dissolve cornstarch and milk in sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until paste-like in consistency (about 3 minutes). Allow to cool completely.
- Place remaining filling ingredients in mixer and cream together using whisk attachment. Add cooled cornstarch-milk and beat on medium/high speed until fluffy in texture (roughly 2 minutes).
- Remove sides of pan from cooled cake and slice cake into three layers. Remove the top two layers and set aside.
- Place the sides of the springform pan back onto the remaining layer of cake and spread half of the cream filling evenly over the surface. Arrange half of the sliced strawberries over filling. Top with a layer of cake and gently press down to distribute filling evenly. Repeat.
- Wrap cake (still in pan) with plastic wrap and allow to set at least two hours.
- In mixer, combine all ingredients and beat with whisk attachment on medium/high speed until icing is stiff.
- Remove cake from pan and ice top of cake.