Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Black Forest Bundt Cake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 36-37)
Gluten-Free Black Forest Bundt Cake: The use of sour red cherries in this incredible chocolate bundt serves to enhance its sweetness and intensify its chocolatey flavor.
Black Forest Bundt Cake : a wonderful combination of chocolate and cherry.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
4 Eggs 1¾ Cups Sugar 16 Ounces (1-Pint container) Sour Cream ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Cup Cocoa ½ Cup Glutinous (“Sweet”) Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 2 Cups White Rice Four 16 Frozen Sour Cherries (approximately) ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
YieldOne 12-cup Bundt cake.
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about two minutes until the batter takes on a fluffy lemon-yellow appearance.
- Add sour cream, butter and vanilla; mix.
- Add cocoa, flours, baking powder and baking soda; mix slowly until flours are incorporated completely.
- Mix on medium-high for 2 minutes (mixture will begin to gain volume).
- Coat the Bundt cake pan with cooking spray followed by a slight dusting of sugar.
- Distribute frozen cherries evenly in Bundt cake pan. Gently spoon cake mixture over frozen cherries being careful not to move them — since they will show on top of cake once baked. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of cake mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 70 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
- For a finishing touch (optional; as pictured), sprinkle cooled cake with powdered sugar immediately before serving.