Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 34-35)
Gluten-Free Turtle Cheesecake: An incredibly decadent cheesecake that will satisfy even the most ferocious cravings for an over the top dessert.
Caramel, pecans, and chocolate abound in this awesome Turtle Cheesecake!
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
2 Cups Nut Meal or Finely Chopped Nuts (such as pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts) 6 Tablespoons (¾ Stick) Butter ¼ Cup Sugar
1½ Pounds Cream Cheese (three 8-Ounce packages) ¼ Cup Mascarpone Cheese ¾ Cup Sugar 1 Tablespoon Vanilla 3 Eggs ½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
¾ Cup Toasted Chopped Pecans
½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips 1 Tablespoon Milk
5 Ounces Caramels 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Hand mix in a medium bowl the nut meal, butter and sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Line bottom of 9" springform pan with parchment paper; apply cooking spray to all inside surfaces (including parchment). Gently press crust mixture into place on bottom of pan (only on bottom of pan, not sides).
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes.
- Cream together cheeses, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and mix until blended — mixture will look similar to a thick cake batter when done.
- Once crust is baked, remove it from oven (leave in pan). Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of crust, then pour the cream cheese filling into pan.
- Bake at 300° for 50 minutes or until center is almost set — note: overcooking may cause cracks in center of cake. Allow cheesecake to cool in refrigerator overnight.
- Caramel sauce: microwave caramel and milk until caramel is completely melted (roughly 3 minutes), stir until smooth. Pour caramel sauce over chilled cheesecake.
- Toasted pecans: place chopped pecans in 400° oven for 6 minutes to lightly toast. Sprinkle toasted pecans over caramel sauce.
- Chocolate topping: microwave chocolate chips and milk for 2½ minutes; stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate into small zip lock bag. Cut a very small piece of one corner off bag (you now have a pastry bag) and drizzle chocolate over top of cheesecake.