Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 30-31)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake: This thick, rich, and creamy chocolate cheesecake will rival any found at your favorite restaurant.
Satisfy your cravings for Chocolate Cheesecake with a delicious gluten-free version of the popular dessert.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
2 Cups Nut Meal or Finely Chopped Nuts (such as walnuts or hazelnuts) 5 Tablespoons Butter ¼ Cup Sugar ¼ Cup Cocoa
3 Pounds Cream Cheese (six 8-Ounce packages) ½ Cup Mascarpone Cheese 1½ Cups Sugar 2 Tablespoons Vanilla 6 Eggs ½ Cup Cocoa 8 Ounces Dark Chocolate; melted
4 Ounces Dark Chocolate 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Hand mix in a medium bowl the nut meal, butter, cocoa and sugar. Mix just until combined.
- Line bottom of 10" spring-form pan with parchment paper (see picture below); apply cooking spray to all inside surfaces. Gently press crust mixture into place on bottom of pan (only bottom, not sides).
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave. In mixer, cream together cheeses, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and mix until blended. Add chocolate and cocoa and mix well ensuring even consistency — mixture will take on a light, fluffy texture.
- Once crust is baked, remove from oven (leave in pan) and cover with cream cheese filling. Bake at 300° for 70 minutes or until center is almost set — note: overcooking may cause cracks in center of cake, which if not severe can be easily filled with icing.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator overnight.
- Once cake has cooled overnight, microwave dark chocolate and butter until melted completely, stirring as necessary (will take only a few minutes).
- Apply an even layer to entire outside of cake — there will be enough to ice the entire cheese cake (top and sides) with a thin layer (result is best if icing knife is used).
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set icing.