If a Recipe does not yet include the full ingredients and/or instructions text, it will be updated in the near future — please watch our Gluten-Free Blog for Recipe-Release Announcements.
Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 232-233)
Gluten-Free Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes: A light and fluffy buttermilk pancake with the subtle flavor of buckwheat, cinnamon, and molasses. Add chocolate chips or berries as a treat!
Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes that leverage the awesome flavor of Buckwheat grain.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Egg 2 Cups Buttermilk 1 Tablespoon Vanilla 2 Tablespoons Molasses 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon (or, to taste) 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour 1 Cup Rice Flour
Approximately seven 6-7" pancakes.
For a nice variation, add a few chocolate chips or berries to the mix. Top with maple syrup (as pictured).
The rice flour can be either white rice or brown rice flour per your preference.
- Place egg in a 2-quart mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla, and molasses; mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until even consistency.
- Use a soup ladle (or ½ cup measuring cup) to pour batter onto griddle.
- If adding optional berries or chocolate chips, scatter them on surface of pancake before flipping it.
- Flip pancake once a few bubbles form on surface.
- Continue frying until golden brown and cooked through.