Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 226-227)
Gluten-Free Biscuits: Simply incredible texture and taste. Excellent when served slightly warm soon after emerging from the oven!
There is nothing like fresh-baked buttermilk biscuits — with cheese accents — to accompany your favorite lunch or dinner.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup White Rice Flour 1 Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder ¾ Cup Buttermilk ½ Cup Sour Cream 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce 2 Eggs ½ Cup Shredded Cheese (choose your favorite variety).
One dozen biscuits.
Biscuits keep for two to three days (best if reheated in microwave for 10-15 seconds). Serve with a bit of butter or honey if desired.
Pictured biscuits featured smoked hot pepper cheese — one excellent possibility.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl; mix.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix until blended.
- Spoon batter into greased standard muffin cups (12 cups per pan).
- Spray top of each unbaked muffin with cooking spray (helps to brown tops of muffins).
- Bake at 400° for 23 minutes.