Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Coconut Parfait Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 194-195)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Coconut Parfait: This parfait features layers of creamy coconut pudding and a complementary chocolate sauce.
Chocolate Coconut Parfait — the synergy of these flavors will tantalize and satisfy.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1¾ Cups (14 ounce Can) Light Coconut Milk 2 Cups Milk 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 2 Egg Yolks ¼ Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips ¼ Cup Milk or Heavy Cream
½ Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut; Toasted
- Combine all ingredients together in mixer. Mix until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Pour into sauce pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue stirring for an additional 8 minutes (or for an additional two minutes after pudding starts to boil).
- Place pudding in bowl. To prevent rubbery surface film from forming on top of the pudding, place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients together in microwave safe bowl and microwave for one minute, remove and stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly before assembling the parfaits.
- Spoon cooled pudding and chocolate sauce layers into cup, or pipe into cup using clear plastic bag with a corner cut off. Alternate between chocolate sauce and coconut pudding, layering as desired.
- For a nice accent, toast ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut and sprinkle on top of parfaits (as pictured).