Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Parfait with Cake and Strawberries Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 192-193)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Parfait with Cake and Strawberries: This dessert is perhaps the ultimate in sweet indulgences, combining chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese and sweetened strawberries.
Chocolate Parfait with Cake and Strawberries
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¾ Cup Sugar 2 Eggs 1 Cup Sour Cream ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda ½ Cup Cocoa ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour 1 Cup White Rice Flour
8 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Cup Powdered Sugar 2 Tablespoons Cocoa 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips ¼ Cup Milk
Choose clear glasses that show off the parfait layers.
Serve soon after assembly; top with a bit of whipped cream if desired (as pictured).
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about two minutes. Add sour cream; mix. Add oil; mix. Add vanilla, baking powder and soda; mix. Add remaining ingredients; mix.
- Place in greased 9x13x2" cake pan and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, cut into small (one inch) squares as needed to meet parfait requirements — some leftover cake will remain.
- In microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk (approximately 1½ minutes on high); reserve.
- In mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and cocoa. Add heavy whipping cream; mix. Add the reserved chocolate from earlier and mix until even consistency.
- Place in refrigerator until ready for assembly.
- Place the chocolate cream cheese mixture into a large zip lock bag. Snip off a corner of the zip lock bag to form a pastry bag. You will be able to pipe the mixture out of the bag corner and into your chosen parfait glasses.
- Add part of the chocolate cream cheese mixture, followed by cake squares, to your glasses. Add another thin layer of the chocolate cream cheese mixture followed by sliced strawberries. Continue as needed forming layers of color and flavor as you go.
- Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.