Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Orange Carrot Bread Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 172-173)
Gluten-Free Orange Carrot Bread: This is a carrot bread with a distinct orange essence throughout.
Orange Carrot Bread — excellent served with tea or coffee.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¾ Cup White Sugar ¼ Cup Packed Brown Sugar ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil ¼ Cup Almond Paste 1¼ Cups White Rice Flour ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Pinch Salt 2 Eggs 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon ¼ Cup Canned Pumpkin 1 Cup Grated Carrot ½ Cup Chopped Pecans ½ Teaspoon Vanilla 1 Orange Rind, Grated ¼ Cup Fresh Orange Juice ½ Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
YieldRoughly twenty 3½x2½x1½" petite loaves.
- Use mixer to beat together sugars, oil, and almond paste until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until evenly dispersed.
- Pour batter into greased petite-loaf pan sheets (8 loaves per sheet, each loaf being 3½x2½x1½"), filling each pan approximately one half full.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 25 minutes.