Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 164-165)
Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread: As loaves or muffins, this recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your taste for the delicious combination of lemon and poppy seed!
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread — one of my all time favorite breads to serve with tea or coffee.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
4 Eggs 1 Cup Sugar ½ Cup Brown Sugar 1 Pint (16-Ounce container) Sour Cream ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds 1 Lemon (for approximately 1 Tablespoon Zest and 2 Tablespoons Juice) 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 2 Cups White Rice Four
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugars together on medium-high speed for about two minutes.
- Add sour cream and butter; mix.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppy seeds; mix.
- Add flours, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda; mix slowly until flour mixture is incorporated completely.
- Mix on medium-high for one minute.
- Divide mixture between two standard bread loaf pans (9x5") that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.