Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Caramel Brownies Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 158-159)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Caramel Brownies: A hearty chocolate brownie with plenty of density.
Chocolate Caramel Brownies — chewy, sweet caramel accents the crust and adds to the overall satisfying taste and texture.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¼ Cup (½ Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Semisweet Baking Chocolate ½ Cup Sugar ½ Cup Brown Sugar ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil ¼ Cup Sweet Rice Flour 1 Cup White Rice Flour ⅓ Cup Cocoa ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 4 Eggs
5 Ounces Caramels (roughly 20 pieces) ¼ Cup Milk or Heavy Cream
- In microwave, melt butter and baking chocolate, stirring as needed (approximately 2 minutes).
- In mixer, combine sugars. Add melted butter/chocolate mixture to sugars and mix until combined.
- Add vegetable oil, rice flours, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla; mix. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Line an 8" springform pan with parchment paper and coat all inside surfaces of pan (including parchment paper) with cooking spray.
- Pour brownie batter into pan. Make caramel sauce.
- In microwave, melt caramels and milk on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir melted caramels and milk until a smooth consistency sauce results.
- Spoon caramel sauce on top of brownie batter. Keeping in mind that you are not trying to completely mix the caramel sauce into the brownie batter, cut through, or swirl, the caramel sauce into the batter with a knife (there will still be caramel sauce on top of the brownie batter when you finish).
- Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes (toothpick-test in last 5 minutes to confirm doneness).
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.