Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Double-Chocolate Cookies Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 146-147)
Gluten-Free Double-Chocolate Cookies: An excellent cookie that is easy to adapt and sure to satisfy chocolate lovers.
Double-Chocolate Cookies — shown here with caramel and nuts added.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup Sugar ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 2 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Egg 2 Tablespoons Maraschino Cherry Juice (or water if preferred) 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder ¼ Cup Cocoa ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour 1 Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Sorghum Flour 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips 10 Individually Wrapped Caramels, chopped (optional)
- Cream sugars and butter together.
- Add cream cheese, egg and maraschino cherry juice (or water); mix.
- Add baking soda and power; mix.
- Add cocoa and flours; mix slowly.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed.
- Add any optional ingredients at this time: nuts, caramel, mini marshmallows, and so forth.
- Use a small spoon and drop one inch mounds onto greased cookie sheet.
- The baking time is critical to determining the crispness of the cookies:
Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes if you like a soft cookie.
Bake at 350°F for 14 minutes to have a less soft and more crispy cookie.
Finally, if you want the cookie to be completely crispy and crunchy, bake at 350°F for 20 minutes — making a cookie that is perfect for the cookie-crumb centers in popular ice cream cake recipes.