Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 142-143)
Gluten-Free Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies: This is a terrific variation on a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe that brings with it a unique flavor and subtle differences in texture.
Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter ½ Cup Turbinado (Raw) Sugar ½ Cup Brown Sugar 1 Tablespoon Honey 2 Tablespoons Almond Paste 2 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin 1 Egg 1½ Teaspoons Vanilla 1¾ Cups White Rice Flour ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Pinch Salt ½ Cup Apricot Jam 1 Cup Chocolate Chips ½ Cup Chopped Pecans ½ Cup Frozen Mango Pieces or Blueberries (optional)
- Using mixer beat together butter, sugars, honey, almond paste, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla on medium speed until ingredients are well distributed and have a smooth texture.
- Add flours slowly to batter, mixing on low speed.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well on medium-high speed.
- Add apricot jam, chocolate chips, pecans, and if desired, the optional mango or blueberries (as pictured, with both of these). Mix again on medium-high speed.
- Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of batter onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until the cookies become golden brown on the outside.
- Allow to cool on a tray prior to serving.