Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 134-135)
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: A nice twist on a chocolate chip cookie, this version uses pumpkin and spices to form a remarkably soft and delicious cookie.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies — pumpkin does not need to be reserved only for Thanksgiving pumpkin pies!
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin 1 Cup White Sugar ¼ Cup Packed Brown Sugar ½ Cup Vegetable Oil 1 Egg ¼ Cup Almond Paste 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon (to taste) ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (to taste) ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves (to taste) 1½ Cups White Rice Flour ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 1 Cup Chocolate Chips ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- Using mixer beat together pumpkin, sugars, vegetable oil, egg, almond paste, vanilla, and maple syrup on medium speed until ingredients are well distributed and have a smooth texture.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; mix well.
- Add flours slowly to batter, mixing on low speed.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans; mix until evenly dispersed.
- Place heaping teaspoons of batter onto greased standard cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies become golden brown on the surface.
- Place cookies on cooling tray, and serve slightly warm or fully cooled.