Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 132-133)
Gluten-Free Coconut Macaroons: A pleasantly sweet and chewy coconut cookie that is simple to make.
Coconut Macaroons can be served either plain or dipped in chocolate — both varieties are quite popular and delicious.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
14 Ounces Sweetened Shredded (Flake) Coconut 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon 3 Egg Whites ½ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- In bowl, mix together shredded coconut, condensed milk and cinnamon.
- In mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto the parchment paper (use your fingers to shape the batter into a ball shape) and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes (will be golden brown when done).
- Allow to cool prior to serving.