Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Crispy Rice and Marshmallow Bars Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 130-131)
Gluten-Free Crispy Rice and Marshmallow Bars: Certain to be a favorite among children and adults alike, these bars are great for picnics, snacks, and much more.
Crispy Rice and Marshmallow Bars: thankfully, over the years, more options for gluten-free crisp rice have emerged in the market. Historically, products like Rice Krispies® cereal have had barley malt or other gluten-containing ingredients, so be sure to check any crisp rice prior to use.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
4 Tablespoons Butter 10 Ounces (1 Bag) Marshmallows 6 Cups GF Crispy Brown Rice
½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter 2 Tablespoons Butter 10 Ounces (1 Bag) Marshmallows 6 Cups GF Crispy Brown Rice
½ Cup Peanut Butter 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Begin by preparing pans and pre-measuring ingredients since the marshmallow mixture sets quickly. Apply cooking spray to inside of 9x13x2" cake pan. Measure out crispy rice right into the cake pan. Apply cooking spray to inside of 2 quart sauce pan. Have a foot-long piece of wax or parchment paper ready.
- In 2 quart sauce pan on the oven, melt butter (or peanut butter and butter) on low to medium heat. Once melted, add marshmallows. Stir constantly until all marshmallows have completely melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over crispy rice (already in cake pan). Use a large spoon to mix marshmallow evenly throughout the rice. Once cool enough to touch, you may use your hands (put a little cooking oil on your hands to reduce sticking).
- Place wax paper or parchment paper over top of rice / marshmallows, and press evenly into pan. A flat-bottomed glass slid over the wax paper creates a nice level surface on bars.
- Allow to cool.
- Optional: spread a thin layer of peanut butter over surface. Another option: melt chocolate chips in microwave and spread over surface and allow to cool.
- Serve once cooled to room temperature.