Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Fruit Tart Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 116-117)
Gluten-Free Fruit Tart: This is a pleasantly light and fruity tart, featuring a vanilla pudding topped with a mix of fresh fruits and a jelly glaze.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Crust IngredientsSame as Pecan Tart Crust ingredients (cookbook page 110).
Vanilla Pudding Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch ½ Cup Sugar 1 Egg 2 Cups Milk 2 Tablespoons Butter 1 Tablespoon Vanilla ½ Teaspoon Honey
Fresh Fruit Ingredients — Choose any Fruits you prefer
(one possible combination shown here) 1 Kiwi 1 Pint Fresh Strawberries 1 Apricot
Fruit Glaze Ingredients
⅓ Cup Apricot Jelly (or Other Flavor)
YieldSingle 9" tart.
Baker’s TipBest served same day since fresh fruit is used and will lose its freshness quickly.
- Prepare crust according to Pecan Tart Crust instructions (link above / cookbook page 110), but alter the baking time. Bake crust at 450°F for 13 minutes, then place foil over edges to prevent burning and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- While crust is baking, prepare pudding.
- In an unheated saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in milk, stirring to maintain even consistency.
- Add butter to mixture and place saucepan on stove, cooking mixture on low to medium heat until the product takes on a thick pudding consistency (approximately 3 minutes after pudding starts to boil).
- Remove from heat. Mix in the vanilla and honey until evenly distributed.
- When crust is done baking, pour cooked pudding into center and refrigerate for two hours or until pudding is cool and fully set.
- Chop kiwi, strawberries, and apricots (or preferred fruits) and arrange in an appealing manner on top of the pudding.
- Create the fruit glaze by placing jelly in a small saucepan and cooking on medium heat, stirring regularly, until the jelly takes on a runny consistency. Brush this glaze onto fruit with a basting brush
- Refrigerate finished product until ready to serve.