Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Cheese Tart with BlueBerry Topping Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 114-115)
Gluten-Free Cheese Tart with BlueBerry Topping: Although blueberries are featured on this cheese tart, any of your favorite berries or fruit can accent this excellent dessert.
Cheese Tart with BlueBerry Topping
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Pastry Crust Ingredients
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Tablespoon Honey ¾ Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
Cheese Filling Ingredients
½ Cup Sugar 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Teaspoon Vanilla ¼ Cup Sour Cream 2 Eggs
Blueberry Topping Ingredients
1 Cup Sugar 2 Cups Frozen Blueberries 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
YieldSingle 9" tart.
Baker’s TipIf crust is too sticky to work with, just refrigerate for ½ hour first.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add baking powder and honey; mix.
- Add flours and cinnamon; mix until blended (will start to form a ball/stick together).
- Press pastry crust into bottom of 9x1⅛" greased tart pan and form up sides of pan (a piece of wax paper or parchment paper is useful to help form crust).
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until crust is browned. While crust is baking, make filling.
Cheese Filling Directions
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- Add vanilla and sour cream; mix.
- Add eggs; mix.
- Pour cheese filling into slightly cooled baked pie crust. Place foil around exposed crust edges.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add blueberry topping once pie is cool.
Berry Topping Directions
- Place all ingredients in sauce pan. Over medium/high heat constantly stir until mixture starts to boil. Reduce temperature to medium and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow topping to cool.
- Apply topping evenly over tart. Refrigerate until ready to serve.