Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 98-99)
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie: A seasonal pie especially popular around fall holidays, this recipe will live up to even the most demanding expectations for a great pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie is a traditional favorite at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Thanks to the out-of-season availability of pumpkin (canned), you can equally enjoy this pie recipe any time throughout the year.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Pie Crust IngredientsPer standard gluten-free pie crust recipe.
Pumpkin Filling Ingredients
2 Cups Heavy Cream ¼ Cup Cornstarch 3 Eggs 1 15-Ounce Can 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree ¾ Cups Brown Sugar ¼ Teaspoon Salt 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon ½ Teaspoon Ginger ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg ⅛ Teaspoon Allspice
YieldSingle 10" Pie.
- Create single 10" standard gluten-free pie crust, baking for full 29 minutes; allow to cool once baked. Create filling while crust cools.
Pumpkin Filling Directions
- In large sauce pan, mix the cream and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a mixer, mix the eggs on high with whisk attachment for one minute. Pour the eggs into the sauce pan and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients (including the ground spices) to contents of sauce pan and mix.
- Cook pumpkin mixture on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Raise the temperature to medium/high heat and cook for another 8 minutes, stirring constantly (pumpkin mixture will become very thick).
- Pour pumpkin mixture into cooked pie crust and bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and then place in refrigerator for at least three hours to set.
- Serving suggestions: sprinkle top of pie lightly with ground cinnamon (as pictured) or garnish individual slices of pie with whipped cream.