Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Rhubarb Pie Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 96-97)
Gluten-Free Rhubarb Pie: A seasonal pie that couples the tartness and tanginess of rhubarb with a sweet custard-like filling, all in a wonderfully nutty flavored crust.
Rhubarb Pie — one of those desserts that you may love or hate, depending on what you think about the unique flavor of rhubarb.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup Almond Meal ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour ¼ Cup Brown Rice Flour ¼ Cup Unsweetened Medium Shredded Coconut ¼ Teaspoon Salt ½ Cup Vegetable Oil ⅓ Cup Cold Water
2 Cups Granulated Sugar 1 Tablespoon Brown Rice Flour 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour 1 Tablespoon Light Buckwheat Flour ¾ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg 3 Eggs (well beaten) 4 Cups (washed and cut) Fresh Rhubarb 1¼ Tablespoons Butter
- Place water and oil in bowl and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- While water and oil are in the freezer, stir together the almond meal, flours, coconut and salt in a large bowl.
- Remove the water and oil from the freezer and whisk until thick and creamy. Pour over the entire surface of the flour mixture immediately.
- Mix with a fork until it all sticks together. Mixture will be soft and oily.
- Put mixture into pie pan and pat into place with a plastic spatula until the bottom and sides of the pan are evenly covered.
- Bake 5 minutes at 400° to set the crust.
- Place cut rhubarb in the pre-set pie crust.
- Stir together sugar, flours, and nutmeg until mixed. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Add butter and beat again until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° and continue baking for 30 more minutes. A knife inser ted into the center of the pie will come out clean when done.