Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Frozen Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 94-95)
Gluten-Free Frozen Chocolate Cream Pie: A cool and delicious frozen treat packed with chocolate flavor.
Frozen Chocolate Cream Pie — cool down on a warm day with a delicious and satisfying chocolate pie.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
3 Egg Yolks ½ Cup Heavy Cream 4 Cups Milk 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1¼ Cups Sugar ¼ Cup Cornstarch 2 Tablespoons Cocoa 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips 3 Ounces Unsweetened Baking Chocolate ½ Cup Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Cup Cornstarch ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Tablespoon Honey 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Using a mixer, combine eggs yolks, cream, milk, vanilla, sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa; mix.
- Pour mixture into sauce pan. Add chocolate chips and baking chocolate. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn up heat to medium and continue stirring for an additional 10-12 minutes (i.e., until about one minute after pudding starts to boil).
- Transfer pudding to a bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on top of pudding and refrigerate. While pudding cools, create crust.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add cornstarch, glutinous rice flour, baking powder, honey and vanilla. Mix until just blended.
- In greased (with cooking spray) pie pan, press crust mixture into bottom and form up the sides of pan. Wrap aluminum foil around crust edges and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil from edges and bake crust for another 5 minutes. Do not worry if the crust is not perfect. Allow to cool.
- Once pudding has cooled, mix in (by hand) the non-dairy whipped topping. Fill cooled pie crust with this chocolate cream mixture once crust is cool.
- Place in freezer and allow to freeze completely. Roughly 15 minutes prior to serving, remove pie from freezer and allow to thaw slightly (as pictured).