Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Peach-Strawberry Pie Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 90-91)
Gluten-Free Peach-Strawberry Pie: A simple fruit pie that features our standard pie crust in combination with a cooked fruit filling.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Pie Crust IngredientsPer standard gluten-free pie crust recipe.
4 Cups Frozen Strawberries, thawed 4 Cups Frozen Peach Slices, thawed 1 Cup Brown Sugar 1½ Tablespoons Butter 2 Teaspoons Vanilla 5 Tablespoons Cornstarch
YieldSingle 9" or 10" Pie.
Baker’s TipThis recipe demonstrates a pie variation that works well with a pre-baked pie crust into which a pie filling is placed that requires no additional baking (in this example, the filling is cooked separately).
- Create single standard gluten-free pie crust, baking for full 29 minutes; allow to cool once baked. Create filling while crust cools.
- In a large sauce pan, heat the sugar, butter, vanilla and cornstarch on medium-high. Stir together and allow to cook for half a minute.
- Add thawed fruit (and juices from thawed fruit). Cook until filling thickens (approximately 6 minutes, or one minute after filling comes to a boil), stirring constantly.
- Allow filling to cool and then pour into baked pie crust.
- Serve plain, or topped with whipped cream (as pictured).