Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Apple Pie Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 88-89)
Gluten-Free Apple Pie: The quintessential pie that is a favorite among many.
Apple Pie is an American favorite and among the most popular pies in general.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter ¼ Cup Almond Paste 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Tablespoon Honey 1 Teaspoon Vanilla ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon 1 Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour
5 Thinly Sliced and Peeled Cooking Apples (approximately 7 Cups sliced apples) 1 Tablespoon Glutinous White Rice Flour 1 Tablespoon White Rice Flour 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch ½ Cup Sugar ¼ Teaspoon Salt 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Dash Fresh Nutmeg ¼ Cup (½ Stick) Butter
This pie is best if you choose an apple variety that is well suited to baking, such as Pink Lady, Jonathan, and so forth.
If crust is too sticky to work with, place in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Cream together butter, almond paste and cream cheese.
- Add baking powder, honey, and vanilla; mix.
- Add cinnamon and flours; mix until blended.
- Press pastry crust into bottom of Pyrex pie pan (wax paper or parchment works nicely to help form crust).
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until crust is slightly browned. While crust is baking, make filling.
- In a bowl, mix together flours, cornstarch, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut up butter and add to mix. Work butter into dry mixture until butter pieces are pea-sized.
- Once crust is baked, arrange sliced apples evenly inside of crust. Spoon filling mixture onto top of apples.
- Place tin-foil over the portion of crust edges that are exposed after pie is filled (to prevent burning).
- Bake filled crust at 375° for 60 minutes.