Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Berry Pie Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 84-85)
Gluten-Free Berry Pie: This berry pie is such a treat — slightly tart and sweet all in one.
Wonderful served alone or with whipped-cream or ice cream.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Pie Crust IngredientsPer standard gluten-free pie crust recipe.
4 Cups Frozen Berries (slightly defrosted) 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice ¼ Cup Orange Juice ¾ Cup Sugar 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
YieldSingle 9" or 10" Pie.
Baker’s TipSimple variations abound — blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, and so forth. Try your favorite!
- Create single standard gluten-free pie crust. Bake the pie crust for only 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and orange juice over the berries. Add the sugar and cornstarch; mix thoroughly.
- Place berry mixture into pre-baked pie crust.
- Place tin-foil over exposed pie crust edges to prevent burning (technique pictured next, although your pie will have the filling in it also).
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil from edges, and bake another 15 minutes.